Sunday 17 June 2007

If you didn't laugh...

Well then, as promised the news of this last week is here. To be quite honest a shit week that I would quite happily forget on a personal front. But hey, thats not what we're here for and it wouldn't be wallowing self-pity if it was shared now would it? So that means like a druggie enjoying the contents of the syringe in his arm who doesn't know where his next hit will come from I'm going to ignore reality and focus on the interesting, enjoyable and the amusing! If you want reading to depress you try the latest bestselling biography about child-abuse or some other shite that shouldn't be sold as entertainment.

Anyways, as I was travelling back from the UK on Monday my week started on Tuesday, slightly hungover from Monday night, feeling frustrated and with a mountain of work to flatten! I'd only been out of the office Friday and Monday but it appeared the evil gods of Postal services and Emails had entered an unholy alliance against me and lo, my desk was covered in unopened mail, my inbox was full of spam, annoying info and invites and my filing system was sundered...

By the time Alan Johnson arrived I had just about got on top of it all allowing me to go along and see what the latest Deputy Leader candidate would try and tempt us with. 'Get your Council Houses here! Get 'em whilst there hot!'

After that I thought I'd stay around for the main EPLP meeting but was actually falling asleep by 8ish due to the complete lack of sleep all weekend so went home had something to eat and fell into a coma!

Wednesday was a busy day which properly kicked off with a Trade Union meeting Stephen Hughes was hosting. It was about a scandal in which 43 factories are shutting, 3,000 people including 2,300 disabled people are losing there jobs due to management incompetance and prejudice. The company is called Remploy, who cater specifically for Disabled people so this situation is quite appalling. Anyway that then consumed most of my Wednesday. It was this day that I also got clobbered to help out at the Stagiare Party on Friday night.

It was being organized by the EP Stagiare Association, a nascent Trade Union (not that we can call it that, we want tories to join afterall!) for trainees which campaigns for better rights and parties as well! Anyway the party was at the Claridge club but to cut back on costs the Cloakroom and Ticket desk were being manned by volunteers and as I always attend meetings and stuff I was finally cornered and grudgingly agreed to help. To all fellow doormats out there heed my lesson: If capitulation is unavoidable get it over with early so you can bag the least worst job! As I had ducked and dived for a week and a half trying to avoid volunteering the result was I was stuck with 1 till 3 in the pissing morning on the cloakroom. Fan-fucking-tastic!

Thursday aftenoons Assitants meeting took a great deal of pleasure in my downfall I can assure you!

After rolling up at the party with some friends at about 11 and contenting myself with polite conversation and a few bottles of Stella I took my sentance like a man; a petulent man railing against the world and damning every god under the sun but a man none the less.

Actually it was quite fun and having so many good looking girls smiling at you gets addictive, even if they were just after their coats. All in all when I left at five in the morning I should of been quite content. I was not however, but thats another story, suffice to say 'fucking bitches'

I don't know, if you didn't laugh...

No comments: